Dial Down Your Pain – Individual Sessions
Improve your movement and how you manage your pain with a personalised pain management plan.
A personal pain management plan will guide you on the best actions you can take through the week to dial down your pain.
Your bespoke plan may include suggestions of ways to change how you move, think and feel. You’ll be given practical actions you can take that are designed specifically to suit your body, mind and lifestyle.
To start with we’d meet one to one for 6 – 8 sessions over 3 months. In these sessions I will design and adapt a physical exercise plan for you to follow at home. It will include a variety of stretches that help you to release tension, increase mobility and gradually strengthen your body.
You can choose to work solely with the movement sessions or book pain management coaching sessions as well. These are talking based sessions, where we can discuss ways of mentally managing your pain. As well as experimenting with simple mindful experiments that help release stress and physical tension held in your body.
Pain can be so consuming that we can’t see the wood for the trees.
We often don’t know what will be the best approach for us.
We try all sorts of therapies aimed at getting us better, but they’re often not the best solution for our specific situation. It can be frustrating to hear about all the other people that the therapist has cured, when it hasn’t worked for you. And if you’re anything like me, you blame yourself when they don’t work.
Rather than searching on your own for tools that may help, I can advise you on what actions are most likely give you the best results. Together, we can explore the right approach for you based on your individual circumstances. It will take time, but when you start to notice positive changes, you know you’re heading in the right direction.
I know as well as anyone how frustrating chronic pain can be. When I was looking for a cure for my pain, I tried so many different therapies but if I found any relief, it was only short-lived.
It was such a devastating blow when the pain came back. I was so frightened of anything making the pain worse that my whole body was knotted with tension.
That was until I realised that trying to conquer my pain wasn’t going to work, it just led to even more frustration and pain.
It wasn’t until I started to understand the science of pain, that I could trust that doing the right kind of activity would help reduce the pain.
As I became more active, some of the tension began to ease. It was so liberating to find ways to move that didn’t make the pain worse.
When I wasn’t as consumed by the pain, I could see how my thoughts and feelings were intertwined with the physical symptoms. I could change some unhelpful thought patterns by talking things through with a coach. These helped me to reduce my stress levels and fear of the pain.
I believe the key to dialling down pain is to work with both our body and mind to build trust in what we can do. This creates a positive feedback loop. Rather than where I was, scared of doing anything, so I was even less active, which increased my pain, creating a negative feedback loop.
Working one to one gave me a chance to identify the key issues that were holding me back. Movement sessions helped me to regaining trust in my body, as the stretching exercises were set at just the right level for me and were adapted as I became stronger and more mobile.
Web of Pain
So many people living with chronic pain are unconsciously making their situation worse. They don’t realise how much tension they’re holding in their body from the fear of being in more pain.
As we become more fearful of pain we move less and it becomes even harder to be active.
We get caught in a web of chronic pain.
Our body finds ways to adapt that aren’t helpful. When we’re less active it affects how we feel mentally.
It’s a negative spiral.
I found ways to break free of this web myself and have helped many other people to free themselves from this web.
I’ve learnt that there isn’t one solution that fits all. I have gathered a variety of tools that can be applied to different circumstances to help you to return to an active and fulfilling life.
Working one to one gives us the time and space to find the best approach for you to break free of this web.
Working together we can gradually reverse this spiral, at a pace that suits you.
Often the changes are small and simple but have a significant impact on helping you to manage pain.
Changes people have experienced.
Changes experienced from 1:1 pain management support
- reduction in intensity of your pain
- reduction in frequency of flare-ups
- reduction in tension in some areas
- increase mobility
- increase strength
- increase activity levels
- increase in energy levels
- ability to do simple tasks more easily
- improved mood
- decrease in pain related stress
- improved mental resilience to pain sensations
- greater trust in your body.
What to expect
When we begin individual sessions, we’ll explore specific aspects of what is helping you to move you forward and what might be holding you back.
We do this through a variety of modalities including conversations, mindfulness practices or exploring gentle stretches.
Sessions can take place online or in-person.
Why are one to one sessions so effective?
- One to one sessions aren’t cheap but the transformation is faster and longer lasting as the physical stretches are specifically adapted to how you need to move your body. I’ve witnessed changes in 3 months that might have take someone in a general exercise class 2-3 years to achieve.
- You’re not just paying for an hour of my time, you’re paying for a programme of actions that you can follow on you own throughout the week. I give you the tools and advice for you to do the work.
- It’s an investment that pays off in so many ways:- reduction in pain, increase in activity, improved mood and relationships.
Before you begin individual sessions.
I’d always recommend booking a free consultation (online or in-person) before deciding if you’d like to work with me. This gives us a chance to get to know each other and to see if what I’m offering will suit you. We can explore and discuss what types of sessions would be best to start with and how these may progress.
We’ll explore the following options:
– movement therapy, I can assess your starting point and discuss what types of stretches would be best for you.
– pain management coaching, we can chat about how talking and mindful experiments can help to create physical changes in your body and support you mentally manage the pain.
If you then decide to book sessions, we’ll have an idea of which package would suit you bast and what we’ll start focusing on. The sessions will adapt and change in content and frequency as we progress through the 3 months.
Book a free
30-minute consultation to discuss your specific situation
Packages start from
£120 a month
This isn’t a quick fix. You will experience slow and steady changes that will stick.
In order for the programme to work I ask that you to commit to:
- A minimum of 3 months of one to one sessions.
I offer two packages.
Comprehensive starter package – Movement & coaching (8 sessions / 3 months)
Movement starter package (6 sessions / 3 months)
- Following your written movement practice on your own at home (10-25 minutes long 4-6 x a week)
- 3 daily self check-ins where you take a moment out of your day to pause, reflect and reset your posture, thoughts and stress level (5-10 min 3 x day).
- Writing notes of any observations and reflections you may like to bring to future sessions.
One to one sessions are designed for people with persistent pain who:-
- want to be proactive in dialling down their pain and who are open to discussing and changing their situation.
- feel lost and overwhelmed by all the different things they think they should be doing to get better.
- notice that their pain gets worse when they’re stressed and are looking for ways to manage their stress levels.
- have got a curious mindset and want to experiment with different ways of managing pain.
- are looking for some accountability and motivational support to help them to make time to do the work.
- like having a structured plan that we design together with clear and simple instructions.
This isn’t a fit if you:-
- want daily contact from me in order to stay motivated.
- are unable to commit to setting aside a minimum of 3 hours each week to follow your movement programme between sessions.
- would struggle to take a minimum of 3, 5-minutes breaks each day for self-reflection / mindfulness.
- believe that surgery and / or medication are the only answers to help you manage your pain. (This method would work alongside current treatment plans).
- believe in no pain no gain.
- are looking for someone else to cure your pain.
all options are available in person or online
30-minute Free Consultation
Assessment of your current situation and suggestion of most suitable 1:1 package
Free 30-minute consultation to chat about your personal circumstances.
This brief chat will help me explain how I work, and find out more about your situation. We can then discuss options if it feels right for us to work together.
During the consultation I’ll ask you to do some simple movements to see where we’re starting from. This helps me to design appropriate stretches to begin with.
Personalised movement practice designed specifically for you.
6 sessions over 3 months.
This will help you to establish a movement practice and build on it as your confidence, strength and mobility improve.
1 x 75 minute session (1st appt.)
5 x 60-minute session
Averages 1 appt. every fortnight
3 monthly instalments £120
£360 in total
Movement Practice and Pain Management Coaching
Change how you feel physically, mentally and emotionally.
8 sessions over 3 months.
This supports you in managing your pain through improving your physical, mental and emotional health.
1 x 75 minute session (1st appt.)
3 x 60-minute movement session
4 x 60-minute coaching session
Averages 1 appt. every week for 1st month, then once a fortnight
£240 + 2 monthly instalments £120 £480 in total
I know it’s a big investment and you might be unsure if it’s going to help you? You might be worried that it won’t work for you or may be concerned that it could make your pain worse.
I believe that if you follow the plan and implement the actions that we come up with on a regular consistent basis that you will dial down your pain and begin to have a more active and fulfilling life.
I believe this so strongly that I’m going to lower the risk for you and offer a money back guarantee.
As a guarantee to you, if after 3 months you can demonstrate that you’ve been attending all the sessions and followed the action plans we’ve developed but you haven’t experienced any improvements I will refund you your whole investment for the sessions.
It can be difficult to measure these changes, if you truly believe, hand on heart, that you haven’t experienced any of the changes in the list above, I trust your judgement and will honour a full refund.
All I ask in exchange is a chat to find out why the actions I suggested didn’t work for you.
Feedback from 1:1 pain management sessions
If one to one sessions don’t fit for you right now in terms of investment of time or money then you can still learn ways to dial down your pain.
Check out the resource page if you want to pick up free tips and advice on ways to manage pain.
Join a group movement-based class or
a pain support group.
If you’re self-disciplined you might like to follow a self-guided programme.
Is it time for you to seek practical support?
Do you feel overwhelmed by all the different actions you could take to manage your pain?
Are you fed up with doing loads of research but still not really knowing what to do?
Are you looking for clear practical actions that are tailored to your specific needs?
BOOK A FREE 30-MINUTE CONSULTATION
One-to-one sessions might just be what you’ve been searching for:-
If you are looking for complementary ways to manage pain alongside or instead of medication or surgery.
If you are motivated to make changes but don’t know what would help you the most.
If you’d like a programme that develops as you change, in a way that will support you in making gradual and sustainable progress.
If you know you’re more likely to stick to a plan when you’ve got someone to be by your side, offering encouragement and accountability.
If you feel overwhelmed by the types of therapy available and are looking for guidance on the best approach.